Thursday 15 March 2012

So much life happening right now


Holy petunia! It is getting hard to find time in my amazing life to blog! I'll give the abbreviated form of what I've been up to these last few days, then I'll get into some details. Monday I got lost in the Pere Lachaise Cemetery for a day, and then I made french onion soup. Tuesday I went shopping with Kendra and then to the Sequentially, Yours gallery opening at the Polka Gallery. Yesterday I went for lunch with Kendra, went to the top of Montparnasse tower, and then went to an Apero/Casting mingle where I met all sorts of neat people. Now, pictures...


Edith Piaf's grave!

 Oscar Wilde's grave and it's protection from lipstick kisses :)


The jist of this sign is, "Stop kissing this grave, please."

To which I respond, "Ok! I'll just kiss the glass like everyone else has been doing then!" I'm trying to photograph this indiscreetly, hence my terrible aiming. 
Dun duh daaaaah! My lips, all for Oscar.



Stumbled upon this part of the cemetery while being lost. These photos give you an idea of how huge this area is. So many people!

FINALLY! So stoked on this grave. It really IS creepily realistic (despite being green). My face looks a little crazed because of how mischievous I was feeling. Rub rub rub.


So shiny! Look, even his pant button is undone. Crazy.

(In case you don't know the myth, the deal was that if you put a flower in Victor Noir's upturned hat, kiss him and rub his bulge you'd have greater fertility/love/etc. The cemetery put up protection around him to prevent it, but their were 'protests' so they took it down. Too funny.)

This photo gives you a bit of an idea how HUGE this cemetery is. It goes on forever and ever and ever.

I was having a hard time finding Abalard and Helouise's gravesite, and then I found a love letter. Turn around and... it's right there. Looking a little worse for wear. The love letter is addressed to a lover she hasn't met yet. It's pretty cute, and dramatic.



JIM MORRISSON! Finally finally finally found this grave after HOURS only to be kicked out of the cemetery cause it was closing. I managed to snap these photos on my way out. 


This is a terrible photo of my french onion soup deliciousness. In the hilarious cup that came with my apartment.

More vintage shopping the next day! I ended up spending too much, but I got some sweet stuff. Sparkley shirt, summer dress, catsuit (leopard, 80's, magic), and some lace shorts. Success.

This happens in my apartment whenever I cook anything. The window is permanently slightly opened to allow all the steam out.

Fancy crepe, pear, cinnamony-yogurt dessert thing. So good. Mm. Yes, that is one serving...


Next at the infamous Montparnasse!


Surreal views.

Oh hey! I went there! ... AND there! And there!


Foggy Paris.


SO STOKED when I saw this. It's the balloon from by my place. I concluded my house is somewhere in the mist behind this.

Ok, so there is your crash course of my photos of the week. Now, what wasn't photographed... 

The gallery opening thing made me really nervous. I didn't understand what people DO at these things (beside look at the art... there's 20 minutes of the three hours) so I wandered around looking confused and everyone looked at me like I was dirt. No fun! The photography was amazing, and it was crazy to see so many people! Plus, free champagne. But, yea... if I go to another one of these things... I will bring a friend. It sucks not speaking French... you can't exactly join a conversation. I got to see Laurence for a split second, but she had to do her networking and stuff so I ended up leaving after about 45 minutes. It took me about 45 minutes to metro home, too, and it was crazy packed on the metro! First experience of the metro at rush hour... oh man. 
After that experience I was SUPER nervous about the apero/casting party for the film school. The agency I got my apartment through (Entree Paris) had randomly posted on their facebook page that this mingle and meet thing was going on at this cafe at an art's centre called 104. On the complete opposite side of the city. So, I got there around 8 (it started at 7) because I got sooo lost. I almost didn't end up finding it, but I walked into a FranPrix grocery store and asked the girl at the cash desk. She said, "It's right behind here" so I ran there cause I was so creeped out by the neighborhood. Walking in to this cafe was like walking into a mob. There were easily a couple hundred people crammed into this tiny space, and I had no idea what the system was. I walked up to a random group of people and was like... how does this work? Luckily everyone there spoke english, since it was a call for english-speaking actors. Plus, everyone was SO NICE! Like, one guy showed me how to sign up for the mingle properly (before mingling) and then get my yellow sticker that identified me as an actor. Then you just basically walk up to red-stickered people and go, "So, do you need an actress?". Which sounds crazy, but it actually was really fun! It didn't feel too schmoozyness of this evening. After, I went to go out with a group of students but then I realized the metro was closing soon so I had to head home cause I had no cash on me for a cab. Sad moment, but we will meet up again. 

That's pretty much all that was super epic these last few days! I had a FRENCH conversation in a grocery store with a lady from Haiti over the sale on Nutella. It was a buy-one-get-one-50%-off deal for GIANT tubs of it. She was like, "Pour le grand Américain". We giggled. And she taught me how to say some numbers when talking about money. I liked her. 

Now I must iron my entire wardrobe because hand washing makes everything look like ... well... like it's been hand washed. I'll try and write more next time, but life is moving so fast... I can't promise anything! 

Bisous!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and commentary. I can feel your enthusiasm. And the food looks amazing. Will you do all the cooking when I visit . . . please!

    ReplyDelete